Blisswill Outdoor Multifunctional Tackle Bag
DIMENSIONS:11.8*8.6*4.3inch / 30*22*11cm.
HUMANIZED DESIGN: Front of the unique triangle strap design,lengthened and widened shoulder pads designed to relieve shoulder fatigue effectively, more comfortable and convenient.
STRONG QUALITY: Made of high quality 1000D Water-Resistant Nylon Fabrics.
Piscifun Waterproof Outdoor Tackle Bag
WATERPROOF & DURABLE: Water-resistant 1000D high density nylon fabrics, made with high-end equipment to ensure its safety.
ADJUSTABLE & DETACHABLE STRAP: Two left/right exchangeable, adjustable and detachable shoulder straps.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL TACKLE BAG: Dimension of main compartment: 12*8.7*4.3in.
Mossy Oak Fishing Backpack
Storage: main compartment with top and front entry, front accessory pocket with zippered closure, left and right zippered accessory pockets
Comfort: padded back compartment, anti-chafe padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap
Best fishing backpacks
Fishing is one of people’s favorite pastime. You wake up before the sun rises, you get on a boat or a river’s shore, and you get to enjoy the serenity of a world that did not wake up yet. It is a silence that relaxes you like few things can, which is why recreational fishing is something that people do to leave their stress behind. However, just because it is recreational, it does not mean you do not need to proper gear, and any fisherman knows that a fishing backpack is a must.
Before fishing backpacks became so popular, people used vests to carry their fishing gear. As you can imagine, the vest, while comfortable, cannot begin to compare to a backpack. The latter is far more accommodating, which makes it more efficient. Some may argue that a fishing backpack is not so easy to carry, but in my opinion, the pros exceed the cons.
Why you should buy the best fishing backpack
If you are still wearing the fishing vest when you go fishing, and you need some persuasion to change that, take a look at the benefits a fishing backpack has as opposed to a vest.
- It is more comfortable – when it comes to weight, a fishing backpack is somewhat heavier than a vest. However, since you will be carrying it around your shoulders, the weight is distributed evenly, which ultimately makes the backpack more comfortable. Plus, the best fishing backpack will always have adjustable and padded straps for added comfort.
- It is more organized – a fishing backpack has many compartments, which means that you can organize your fishing gear better than with a vest. Vests also have multiple pockets, but it is not as easy to locate items. Plus, they are called fishing backpacks because they can keep your fishing gear in an organized manner. For example, you have a compartment destined for your bait, rods, and so on. It is easy to locate something when you know they are placed in their designated places.
- It can hold larger items – can you imagine storing your tackle box in your vest? Of course not. Vests are designed to carry small things. A fishing backpack, on the other hand, has a special compartment for your tackle box. That way, if you need to take a hike to your favorite fishing spot, you do not need to carry anything with your hands. You just place all of your gear in the backpack and take a nice long walk.
- You have a lot of extra space – one of the best things about a fishing backpack is that it has additional space for other items you may need on your fishing trip. You can store spare clothes, snacks, or even extra gear in case something breaks or one of your friends forgets to bring everything.
- Most fishing backpacks are waterproof – vests are generally do not have this feature. A waterproof fishing backpack will protect all of your gear from humidity and water. For example, if you want to cross a low-level river, you can do so without worrying about water getting into your backpack. This feature is also very helpful when it rains.
- Plastic pouch for documentation – one of the aspects that characterize the best fishing backpack is a clear plastic pouch where you can have your documentation at hand. You can put your ID in there, your fishing license, OFC membership, and more. That way, you do not have to dig for your papers inside the backpack. It is not much, but it is something that makes things more convenient.
As you can see, a fishing backpack can be a lot better than a vest. It is true that it can be more expensive, but in my opinion, it is worth it.
What to consider when buying the best fishing backpack
Not all fishing backpacks are created equal, which is why you need to filter through all those models you see online. That is easy, but only as long as you know what you are looking for. If you have never done this before, below you will find the criteria that help you determine which fishing backpack is worth buying and which is not.
- Comfort – the first thing you need to look at is whether or not the fishing backpack is comfortable. After all, you will be spending quite some time with that bag on your shoulders. Always look for padded straps so that your shoulders do not feel much pressure. At the same time, the part of the pack that sticks to your back (the back of the bag) should be made of breathable material. That way there will be no moisture buildup.
- Size – depending on your level of enthusiasm, you may need a bigger or a smaller fishing backpack. Not all of them are of the same size. You should analyze your equipment to see how much of it you usually take along on a fishing trip. There is no point in carrying all of it in a large bag if you do not need it, and there is also no point in buying a large fishing backpack if you do not have what to fill it with. The right size matters for your comfort, just so you know.
- Durability – when you go fishing, the environment can be merciless. That is why you need a backpack that can withstand abuse without tearing, while the canvas the backpack is made of matters, you must also make sure that the stitching is of high quality. Find a model that has double stitching. That way, you can be sure that the seams will not tear.
- Storage – a fishing backpack should be designed primarily to accommodate all your fishing gear. After all, it needs to be different from a regular backpack, doesn’t it? That is why you should look at the compartments and storage pouches before you make a purchase. A fishing backpack should come with space for your tackle box, hooks for your fishing rods, and some of them even have a special compartment that keep your bait fresh.
- Waterproof feature – I have to admit that I have come across a lot of high-quality fishing backpacks that are not waterproof, but most of them should have this feature. You will be staying in or around water all day long, so you need to protect your gear. That is why my advice is to go for a waterproof fishing backpack. It is usually mentioned in the specifications, so make sure to read that before you buy a product.
What are the best fishing backpacks?
There are plenty of models to choose from. That is why you may find the task a bit challenging. However, as long as you follow the criteria above, you cannot fail. At the same time, it would not hurt reading some fishing backpacks reviews online. After all, people who have already purchased one are best qualified to tell you whether or not their purchase was worth it or not. At least it is an opportunity for you to learn the products you need to stay away from. You could also go for one of the models presented below.
Blisswill Outdoor Multifunctional Tackle Bag
The fishing backpack from Blisswill is the first product that caught my eye. It is a comfortable and high-quality bag that I think you will find most convenient. It is a medium-sized fishing bag that measures 11.8 x 8.6 x 4.3 inches. It is a multifunctional bag, just as the title suggests, and it comes with three adjustable and detachable straps. As a result, you can wear it on your shoulder, as a backpack, and it can also be used as a handbag.
The manufacturer paid a lot of attention to comfort when it designed this bag. The front has a triangle strap, the shoulder pads are lengthened and widened to prevent shoulder fatigue. You can wear this bag all day long, and you will not feel much pressure.
As for construction, this fishing bag will not disappoint. It is made of high-quality 1000D water-resistant nylon fabrics. The stitching is very well made so the bag will not tear easily. A full-length double zipper will make your experience more convenient. You will not have a hard time squeezing your tackle box inside. You can also enjoy multiple compartments and exterior pockets. You can carry the lures, the pole, fishing boxes, pliers, and all of your small items in an organized fashion. I am sure you will find the Blisswill fishing backpack most useful.
Piscifun Waterproof Outdoor Tackle Bag
The fishing bag from Piscifun is also a product that is worth looking at. It is made of water-resistant 1000D high-density nylon fabric. It will make sure that your equipment stays protected. The fabric is abrasion-resistant, and the KAM buckle and the SBS full-length zippers are almost indestructible. The bag can take as much abuse as you can give it, and it will still remain intact.
The Piscifun fishing backpack h has an adjustable and detachable strap. It is exchangeable from left to right, and you can take it off if you want to carry the bag as a handbag. The main strap can reach a length of 51.2 inches, and the associated strap can be extended to 36.2 inches. All those adjustments will help you carry this bag as a sling shoulder bag, backpack, handbag, chest bag, and more. At the same time, you will receive two detachable belts that can help you carry your fishing bags.
This fishing bag is ideal for any given situation. You can carry everything you need on a fishing trip and more. The ergonomic design makes it very comfortable, and you even have a reflective sticker that helps you stay safe in the dark. There are 3 large compartments in the central storage space, and 3 outside pockets. You can also store a water bottle in the side pocket.
Mossy Oak Fishing Backpack
Last but not least, the fishing backpack from Mossy Oak is yet another product that I think you will enjoy. It has a different design than the previous two, but maybe you will find this more convenient. It is made of 100% polyester for extra durability, and you can wear it only as a backpack. The straps are not detachable. Even so, they are padded for your comfort, and they can be connected with a buckle in the chest area for an even distribution of weight and more support (sternum strap.) I think you will find it comfortable.
You do not have to worry about storage. You have one main compartment with both top and front entry. You also have a front accessory pocket with zippered closure, and left and right zippered accessory pockets. Storage space is not an issue. What I like about this fishing backpack is that it featured an easy-access ID and fishing license holder. The pouch has Velcro closure that you just pull down.
One of the features that I think you will enjoy the most is the fact that the hood has a cooler compartment that you can use to keep your bait fresh. The bag also has two side fishing poles holders and a side tool holder. Multiple webbing accessory loops allow you to store equipment that you may want to have easy access to.
I am sure that no matter which fishing bag you choose, you will be satisfied with your decision. However, if I were you, I would go with the Mossy Oak Fishing Backpack. It is more comfortable to carry because it has both shoulder straps, and I think that the hood cooler is a huge selling point. I believe it is one of the best fishing backpacks you can go for.
When you go fishing, you need to have the right equipment to be able to enjoy the experience. A fishing backpack should be a part of that equipment. It will make your job easier, and you can carry the rest of your gear comfortably. One of the products above will provide precisely that. Click here to buy on Amazon